Wednesday, June 15, 2016

My Favorite Muhammad Ali Quotes - Part 2

In this post we continue what we started in part 1 of my favorite Muhammad Ali quotes, as a tribute to the legendary man who left us.

Muhammad Ali picture quote


"If they can make penicillin out of mouldy (moldy) bread, they can sure make something out of you."

What an extremely motivational quote! How true could that be!
Never look down on yourself, never underestimate yourself, no matter what your conditions are and no matter what people around keep telling you!
Focus on yourself, and keep improving yourself. Always think big!

Muhammad Ali photo quote

"I am an ordinary man who worked hard to develop the talent I was given. I believed in myself, and I believe in the goodness of others."

What I like about this quote is that it holds a mix of self-esteem and respect to others.
We really should be proud and confident of ourselves. Yet we also have to be respectful when dealing with other people.
Our communities would definitely become better places to live in.

Muhammad Ali picture quote

 "Age is whatever you think it is. You are as old as you think you are."

I strongly agree!
Don't let age be a reason to stop you by saying "I'm too old for this." 
and certainly don't let it be a reason to postpone stuff; 
"I'm still young, I'll care about my health later, I just want to have fun."
Even Muhammad Ali himself looked much younger than 74 when he passed away.
And I hate it when people tie life events with age; like 
"you have to be married before turning X" ...etc.
Age is just a number, and there's no rule that says that you can feel young forever, or that you can even age backwards!


Muhammad Ali photo quote

  "A man who views the world the same at fifty as he did at twenty, has wasted thirty years of his life."

 I believe Muhammad Ali probably meant that as you grow older you should have a better view (or more understanding view) of the world.
What do you think?
You may share your thoughts in the comments section below. 

Muhammad Ali photo quote

"I wish people would love everybody else the way they love me. It would be a better world."

These words reminded me when Data (the android from Star Trek) was confused when one member of the crew lost a beloved one and was extremely sad (I don't remember the full details, forgive me), so he asked the captain why would the loss of a particular human make another human sad, shouldn't the loss of any human be a cause of sadness to all human beings?
The captain replied by saying that he wishes that was true; the history of humanity would've been less bloody (or with less blood-shed).


Don't miss the rest of our Muhammad Ali tribute posts:

Part 1
Part 3
Part 4
Part 5

No comments:

Post a Comment